Welcome to the Going Places Challenge at dareyouto_write
!The Challenge: Going Places
Despite the many twists and turns of their high school careers, it's clear that the new graduates of Tree Hill High School are going places. But how will they get there? That's all up to you in our next challenge.
For this challenge, the one required element is that your fic must include something related to transportation. Perhaps Brooke opts for a day out on her father's boat. Or Luke takes a journey in the car Keith left him. Karen may decide to wing her way overseas to see Andy. Someone could buy new wheels from Dan Scott Motors. Haley and Nathan could catch up with her RV loving parents. Or the whole gang may decide to take another road trip. The possibilities are endless - what places will your muse take you? We can't wait to read, so happy writing!The Rules and Regulations:
1) This challenge runs from August 15th to September 15th. To be considered for voting, fics are due by 11:59 PM PST on September 15th.
2) Please post the name of the title, your name, and the rating of your fic in the subject line of your post.
3) Submissions must be at least 800 words, but there is no length limit. Ramble on, my friends, ramble on!
4) Behind an LJ-cut, please place the following:
• Rating (All ratings are allowed, but must be clearly posted!)
• Word Count
• Pairing or Character
• Spoilers (IE through 4x22)
• Warnings, if applicable (IE, character death, sensitive subject matters, etc)
5) Please, to the post tags, add your username, story name, and pairings/characters. This will help us create a spiffy memory section so we can always go back to the excellent stories you'll post!
6) Have fun!Challenge Awards:
Once each challenge closes, your pretty, pretty neighborhood moderators will post a poll to vote on various fics. There will be various categories, and each fic submitted for the challenge will be an option for each category. We encourage everyone, participants and readers alike, to vote, vote, vote, or as the t-shirt says, die. It's a fun way to recognize our peers for the effort and imagination it takes to put into a story.
There will also be a few awards given by outside judges. The judges will each hand out a judge's choice award to the fic that they think best exemplifies the qualities and characteristics of a good OTH fic. And speaking of judges . . . we need some volunteers for this round! If you aren't going to be able to participate this round as a writer, but would like to join in as a judge - drop us a line
That's about everything you need to know. For more information on rules and such, please check out dareyouto_write. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to contact any of the moderators: thisholymess
, or autumnleaves23
And feel free to snag a banner and spread the word - we'd love to have lots of shiny, shiny fics!